Media coverage about Amyris (NASDAQ:AMRS) has been trending somewhat positive on Tuesday, according to AlphaOne Sentiment Analysis. The research firm, a subsidiary of Accern, identifies negative and positive media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources. AlphaOne ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Amyris earned a media sentiment score of 0.19 on AlphaOne’s scale. AlphaOne also gave news headlines about the biotechnology company an impact score of 66 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is likely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the next several days.
Here are some of the news headlines that may have impacted Alpha One Sentiment’s rankings:
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Encourages Investors Who Have Losses In Excess Of $100,000 From Investment In Amyris, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMRS) To Contact Brower Piven Before The Lead Plaintiff Deadline In Class Action Lawsuit (feeds.benzinga.com)
- Home Finance Official Price Target Objectives For Amyris, Inc. (AMRS), Opko Health, Inc. (OPK) – StockNewsMagazine (stocknewsmagazine.com)
- IMPORTANT SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Khang & Khang LLP Announces a Securities Class Action Lawsuit against Amyris, Inc. and Reminds Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm (finance.yahoo.com)
- The Amyris Inc (AMRS) Short Interest Up 14.3% in April – BangaloreWeekly (bangaloreweekly.com)
- Amyris Reports 164% Product Revenue Growth over Prior Year & Continued Strong Outlook (finance.yahoo.com)
Separately, Zacks Investment Research raised Amyris from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating in a research note on Monday, January 16th.
Amyris (NASDAQ:AMRS) traded down 9.4062% during midday trading on Tuesday, hitting $0.2899. The stock had a trading volume of 13,541,067 shares. The company’s 50 day moving average price is $0.50 and its 200-day moving average price is $0.63. Amyris has a 52 week low of $0.28 and a 52 week high of $1.21. The stock’s market capitalization is $80.68 million.
Amyris (NASDAQ:AMRS) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Monday, May 15th. The biotechnology company reported ($0.14) earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of ($0.09) by $0.05. The company had revenue of $13 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $32.30 million. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted ($0.17) EPS. The firm’s revenue was up 47.7% compared to the same quarter last year. Equities analysts anticipate that Amyris will post ($0.25) earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In other news, major shareholder (Mauritius) Pte Ltd Maxwell sold 652,513 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Thursday, April 20th. The shares were sold at an average price of $0.55, for a total transaction of $358,882.15. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink. In the last ninety days, insiders sold 8,570,081 shares of company stock valued at $4,529,961. 48.70% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
Amyris, Inc is an integrated industrial biotechnology company. The Company is engaged in research and development and sales of fuels and farnesene-derived products. It is applying its industrial synthetic biology platform to engineer, manufacture and sell products into a range of consumer and industrial markets, including cosmetics, flavors and fragrances (F&F), solvents and cleaners, polymers, lubricants, healthcare products and fuels.
What are top analysts saying about Amyris Inc? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for Amyris Inc and related companies.