Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Pioneer Natural Resources (NYSE: PXD) in the last few weeks:
- 7/17/2017 – Pioneer Natural Resources was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “The pricing scenario of oil and natural gas has been weak since mid-2014 level following oversupplied commodity market. The development to this front could harm Pioneer Natural’s cashflows as the company could sell the commodities at lower prices. The pricing chart also shows significant weaknesses as reflected that year-to-date, Pioneer Natural fell more than 10% while the Zacks categorized Oil & Gas-U.S Exploration & Production industry slipped almost 26%. Moreover, to a certain extent, the company’s long-term production and reserve growth depends on its acquire-and-exploit model. In keeping with this, Pioneer Natural Resources may find it difficult to complete accretive transactions in the future. This could, in turn, negatively impact its growth rate.”
- 7/14/2017 – Pioneer Natural Resources had its price target lowered by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $240.00 to $230.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 7/14/2017 – Pioneer Natural Resources had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $268.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/7/2017 – Pioneer Natural Resources had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein.
- 7/5/2017 – Pioneer Natural Resources was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/1/2017 – Pioneer Natural Resources was given a new $210.00 price target on by analysts at Scotiabank. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 6/17/2017 – Pioneer Natural Resources was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 6/17/2017 – Pioneer Natural Resources was given a new $233.00 price target on by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 6/2/2017 – Pioneer Natural Resources had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group. They now have a $236.00 price target on the stock.
Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD) traded up 1.17% during mid-day trading on Monday, reaching $162.83. 1,191,914 shares of the company’s stock traded hands. The stock’s market capitalization is $27.70 billion. The firm’s 50-day moving average price is $165.54 and its 200 day moving average price is $179.06. Pioneer Natural Resources Company has a 12 month low of $147.21 and a 12 month high of $199.83.
Pioneer Natural Resources (NYSE:PXD) last issued its earnings results on Wednesday, May 3rd. The oil and gas development company reported $0.25 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.16 by $0.09. The business had revenue of $1.47 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.10 billion. Pioneer Natural Resources had a positive return on equity of 1.08% and a negative net margin of 7.20%. Pioneer Natural Resources’s revenue was up 114.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the company posted ($0.64) earnings per share. Equities research analysts predict that Pioneer Natural Resources Company will post $1.43 EPS for the current year.
In related news, EVP Chris J. Cheatwood sold 5,749 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Monday, May 15th. The stock was sold at an average price of $173.79, for a total value of $999,118.71. Following the completion of the transaction, the executive vice president now directly owns 45,110 shares in the company, valued at $7,839,666.90. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Corporate insiders own 0.92% of the company’s stock.
Pioneer Natural Resources Company is an oil and gas exploration and production company. The Company explores for, develops and produces oil, natural gas liquids (NGLs) and gas within the United States, with operations primarily in the Permian Basin in West Texas, the Eagle Ford Shale play in South Texas, the Raton field in southeast Colorado and the West Panhandle field in the Texas Panhandle.
What are top analysts saying about Pioneer Natural Resources Company? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for Pioneer Natural Resources Company and related companies.