A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for MetLife (NYSE: MET):
- 7/12/2017 – MetLife had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $62.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/12/2017 – MetLife had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company. They now have a $63.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $61.00.
- 7/7/2017 – MetLife was given a new $51.00 price target on by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock.
- 7/1/2017 – MetLife had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company.
- 6/29/2017 – MetLife was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/27/2017 – MetLife was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 6/10/2017 – MetLife was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 5/25/2017 – MetLife was upgraded by analysts at FBR & Co from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $58.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $54.00.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET) traded up 0.02% during mid-day trading on Monday, reaching $55.35. 3,802,509 shares of the company’s stock traded hands. The firm has a 50-day moving average price of $51.91 and a 200-day moving average price of $52.97. MetLife, Inc. has a 1-year low of $38.87 and a 1-year high of $58.09. The stock’s market cap is $59.55 billion.
MetLife (NYSE:MET) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, May 3rd. The financial services provider reported $1.46 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.27 by $0.19. MetLife had a negative net margin of 0.95% and a positive return on equity of 7.57%. The company had revenue of $16.27 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $17.02 billion. During the same period last year, the company earned $1.20 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue was down 11.7% compared to the same quarter last year. Equities research analysts anticipate that MetLife, Inc. will post $5.38 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Wednesday, September 13th. Stockholders of record on Monday, August 7th will be issued a $0.40 dividend. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, August 3rd. This represents a $1.60 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.89%. MetLife’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently -258.06%.
MetLife, Inc is a provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management. The Company’s segments include U.S.; Asia; Latin America; Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA); MetLife Holdings; Brighthouse Financial, and Corporate & Other. Its U.S. segment is organized into Group Benefits, Retirement and Income Solutions and Property & Casualty businesses.
What are top analysts saying about MetLife Inc? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for MetLife Inc and related companies.