Annaly Capital Management (NYSE: NLY) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 7/12/2017 – Annaly Capital Management was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 7/5/2017 – Annaly Capital Management was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Annaly outperformed the Zacks categorized REIT Mortgage Trust industry, over the past three months. Notably, the company reported better-than-expected first-quarter 2017 adjusted core earnings per share. The quarter witnessed growth in book value. Moving ahead, the company’s prudent selection of assets, diversified investment, and financing options, as well as exposure to high-quality MBS is expected to support its bottom-line growth. However, the company has to compete with other financial institutions, institutional investors, lenders, government bodies and mortgage REITs to acquire assets in target markets, which adversely affect the pricing of securities. Also, adverse macro-economic conditions and a rise in rate of interest may add to the company’s woes.”
- 6/30/2017 – Annaly Capital Management had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $11.25 price target on the stock.
- 6/30/2017 – Annaly Capital Management was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 6/10/2017 – Annaly Capital Management was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
Shares of Annaly Capital Management Inc (NYSE:NLY) opened at 12.26 on Tuesday. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $11.98 and a 200 day moving average price of $11.11. Annaly Capital Management Inc has a 52-week low of $9.83 and a 52-week high of $12.73. The company has a market capitalization of $12.49 billion, a PE ratio of 4.58 and a beta of 0.28.
Annaly Capital Management (NYSE:NLY) last issued its earnings results on Wednesday, May 3rd. The real estate investment trust reported $0.29 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.30 by $0.01. Annaly Capital Management had a return on equity of 11.08% and a net margin of 113.76%. The business had revenue of $389.30 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $424.77 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $0.30 earnings per share. On average, analysts predict that Annaly Capital Management Inc will post $1.16 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, July 31st. Stockholders of record on Friday, June 30th will be paid a dividend of $0.30 per share. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, June 28th. This represents a $1.20 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 9.79%. Annaly Capital Management’s dividend payout ratio is currently 46.51%.
Annaly Capital Management, Inc is a mortgage real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company owns a portfolio of real estate related investments. Its investment groups primarily consist of Agency, which invests primarily in various types of Agency mortgage-backed securities and related derivatives to hedge these investments; Residential credit, which invests primarily in non-Agency mortgage-backed assets within securitized products and residential mortgage loan markets; Commercial real estate, which originates and invests in commercial mortgage loans, securities, and other commercial real estate investments, and Middle market, which provides customized debt financing to middle-market businesses.
What are top analysts saying about Annaly Capital Management Inc? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for Annaly Capital Management Inc and related companies.