BP p.l.c. (NYSE: BP) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 7/14/2017 – BP p.l.c. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $35.90 price target on the stock.
- 6/30/2017 – BP p.l.c. was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corporation from a “neutral” rating to an “underperform” rating.
- 6/30/2017 – BP p.l.c. was downgraded by analysts at Kepler Capital Markets from a “hold” rating to a “reduce” rating.
- 6/30/2017 – BP p.l.c. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Scotiabank. They now have a $37.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/21/2017 – BP p.l.c. was downgraded by analysts at Macquarie from a “neutral” rating to an “underperform” rating.
- 6/12/2017 – BP p.l.c. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley.
- 6/12/2017 – BP p.l.c. had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co.
- 6/6/2017 – BP p.l.c. was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “BP is one of the largest integrated energy firms in the world with a strong and diversified portfolio of development projects. The one-year pricing chart looks impressive as BP has outperformed the Zacks categorized Oil & Gas-International Integrated industry. The company’s upstream projects are expected to fetch significant cash flows starting 2020 and beyond. Moreover, the company’s drilling operations are getting efficient as reflected by the steady decline in non-productive time since 2012. However, the oil spill incident of 2010 in the BP-operated Macondo Prospect continues to affect the company. Although BP has cleared the substantial litigation expenses related to the spill, it had to divest some of its best operating properties. We are also doubtful about the return BP could generate from the huge investments since the company’s return on capital is much lower than the industry.”
- 6/1/2017 – BP p.l.c. had its price target raised by analysts at Argus from $36.00 to $41.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/30/2017 – BP p.l.c. was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c” rating to a “b-” rating.
BP p.l.c. (BP) opened at 34.92 on Tuesday. The firm has a 50-day moving average of $35.80 and a 200 day moving average of $35.41. BP p.l.c. has a 52-week low of $32.50 and a 52-week high of $38.68. The firm has a market cap of $114.45 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 51.96 and a beta of 0.94.
BP p.l.c. (NYSE:BP) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, May 2nd. The oil and gas exploration company reported $0.46 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.38 by $0.08. BP p.l.c. had a net margin of 1.06% and a return on equity of 3.72%. The business had revenue of $55.86 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $59.87 billion. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $0.17 earnings per share. BP p.l.c.’s revenue was up 45.1% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities research analysts forecast that BP p.l.c. will post $1.63 earnings per share for the current year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, June 23rd. Shareholders of record on Friday, May 12th were issued a $0.595 dividend. The ex-dividend date was Wednesday, May 10th. This represents a $2.38 annualized dividend and a yield of 6.82%. BP p.l.c.’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 366.16%.
BP p.l.c. is an integrated oil and gas company. The Company owns an interest in OJSC Oil Company Rosneft (Rosneft), an oil and gas company. The Company’s segments include Upstream, Downstream, Rosneft, and Other businesses and corporate. The Upstream segment is engaged in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as midstream transportation, storage and processing.
What are top analysts saying about BP plc? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for BP plc and related companies.