Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 7/17/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $103.00 to $102.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 7/8/2017 – Alaska Air Group was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/4/2017 – Alaska Air Group was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $101.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Alaska Air Group shares have outperformed the Zacks categorized Transportation-Airline industry over the last one month. The stock has been boosted by the strong traffic report for May. The acquisition of Virgin America late last year has augmented its top line, courtesy increased passenger revenues. This buyout has resulted in the carrier expanding its presence particularly along the West Coast. The company's efforts to reward shareholders also raise optimism in the stock. However, costs related to the merger are hurting its bottom line. Moreover, higher fuel costs and labor expenses are expected to limit earnings growth, going forward. “
- 6/30/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its price target raised by analysts at Bank of America Corporation from $115.00 to $120.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 6/29/2017 – Alaska Air Group was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/20/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $103.00 price target on the stock.
- 5/26/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $145.00 price target on the stock.
Alaska Air Group, Inc. (ALK) opened at 92.08 on Tuesday. The company has a market cap of $11.38 billion, a PE ratio of 15.68 and a beta of 0.96. The firm has a 50 day moving average price of $87.76 and a 200 day moving average price of $90.92. Alaska Air Group, Inc. has a 12-month low of $61.61 and a 12-month high of $101.43.
Alaska Air Group (NYSE:ALK) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, April 26th. The transportation company reported $1.05 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.04 by $0.01. Alaska Air Group had a net margin of 11.51% and a return on equity of 30.01%. The business had revenue of $1.75 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.77 billion. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $1.45 earnings per share. Alaska Air Group’s revenue was up 29.8% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, analysts anticipate that Alaska Air Group, Inc. will post $8.13 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In other Alaska Air Group news, Chairman Bradley D. Tilden sold 4,700 shares of the stock in a transaction on Wednesday, May 17th. The shares were sold at an average price of $84.63, for a total value of $397,761.00. Following the sale, the chairman now directly owns 148,646 shares in the company, valued at $12,579,910.98. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available at the SEC website. Also, Chairman Bradley D. Tilden sold 6,500 shares of the stock in a transaction on Tuesday, June 13th. The stock was sold at an average price of $88.72, for a total transaction of $576,680.00. Following the completion of the sale, the chairman now owns 148,446 shares in the company, valued at $13,170,129.12. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold 23,800 shares of company stock worth $2,139,479 over the last 90 days. 0.57% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
Alaska Air Group, Inc is the holding company of Alaska Airlines (Alaska), Virgin America Inc, Horizon Air (Horizon) and other business units. The Company operates through three segments: Mainline, Regional and Horizon. Its Mainline segment includes Alaska’s and Virgin America’s scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo throughout the United States, and in parts of Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba.
What are top analysts saying about Alaska Air Group Inc? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for Alaska Air Group Inc and related companies.