Press coverage about Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:FTR) has trended somewhat positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment. The research firm identifies negative and positive news coverage by reviewing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Frontier Communications Corporation earned a news sentiment score of 0.09 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news articles about the utilities provider an impact score of 45.0841286359762 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the media stories that may have effected Accern Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- FTR SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Law Offices of Vincent Wong Notifies Investors of Commencement of a Class Action Involving Frontier Communications Corporation and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of November 27, 2017 (feeds.benzinga.com)
- FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS SHAREHOLDER ALERT BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: KAHN SWICK & FOTI, LLC REMINDS INVESTORS WITH LOSSES IN EXCESS OF $100,000 of Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit Against Frontier Communications Corporation – FTR (finance.yahoo.com)
- INVESTOR ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Notifies Shareholders of Frontier Communications Corporation of Commencement of a Class Action Lawsuit and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of … (businesswire.com)
- Analysts Suggest to Hold stock: Frontier Communications Corporation (FTR) – Street Observer (press release) (streetobserver.com)
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Notifies Shareholders of Frontier Communications Corporation of a … – GlobeNewswire (press release) (globenewswire.com)
Frontier Communications Corporation (FTR) traded down 1.45% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, hitting $12.20. 1,240,802 shares of the stock traded hands. The firm’s market cap is $957.90 million. The firm’s 50-day moving average price is $12.74 and its 200-day moving average price is $18.62. Frontier Communications Corporation has a 52 week low of $11.65 and a 52 week high of $63.90.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, September 29th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 15th were given a $0.60 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Thursday, September 14th. This is a boost from Frontier Communications Corporation’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.04. This represents a $2.40 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 19.67%. Frontier Communications Corporation’s payout ratio is presently -16.65%.
Several research firms recently issued reports on FTR. Hilliard Lyons lowered shares of Frontier Communications Corporation from a “neutral” rating to an “underperform” rating in a research report on Wednesday, August 9th. UBS AG reissued a “neutral” rating and issued a $15.00 price target on shares of Frontier Communications Corporation in a research report on Wednesday, August 2nd. Morgan Stanley dropped their price target on shares of Frontier Communications Corporation to $16.00 and set an “equal weight” rating for the company in a research report on Wednesday, August 23rd. BidaskClub lowered shares of Frontier Communications Corporation from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating in a research report on Saturday, September 16th. Finally, Jefferies Group LLC reissued a “buy” rating and issued a $25.00 price target (down previously from $30.00) on shares of Frontier Communications Corporation in a research report on Wednesday, August 2nd. Five equities research analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, ten have given a hold rating, two have assigned a buy rating and one has given a strong buy rating to the company’s stock. Frontier Communications Corporation presently has a consensus rating of “Hold” and an average target price of $8.02.
About Frontier Communications Corporation
Frontier Communications Corporation (Frontier) is a provider of communications services in the United States. The Company offers a portfolio of communications services for residential and business customers. Its products and services include data and Internet services, video services, voice services, access services and customer premise equipment (CPE).
What are top analysts saying about Frontier Communications Corporation? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for Frontier Communications Corporation and related companies.