A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Bemis (NYSE: BMS):
- 10/30/2017 – Bemis had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $50.00 to $52.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 10/24/2017 – Bemis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp. They wrote, “We are slightly increasing our 2017 adjusted EPS estimate from $2.32 to $2.36 (at the lower end of guidance of $2.35-$2.40) and our 2018 EPS estimate from $2.32 to $2.38 on modestly higher EBITDA estimates. We are assuming adjusted EBITDA of $550 million in both 2018 and 2019. BMS’s EBITDA will be down ~8% in 2017 and is down over the past five years; we have difficulty believing that 2018 will be a major snap back as consensus appears to. Consensus expects ~$35 million of EBITDA growth next year, presumably because they think the restructuring savings will far outweigh any continued volume, price, and/or input cost pressure. We think otherwise.””
- 10/16/2017 – Bemis was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Bemis is poised to gain from focus on process and efficiency improvement. Further, its focus on innovation will help capitalize on increasing package sophistication in the global business. Moreover, execution of Bemis' restructuring and cost savings plan will drive growth. However, the company’s earnings will be affected by the tough economic environment in Brazil. Its adjusted earnings per share guidance in the range of $2.35-$2.50 for 2017 reflects a year-over-year decline of 10% at the midpoint. Further, restructuring expense, declining U.S. packaged food market and lesser capital expenditures will thwart growth. The company has underperformed its industry over the last year. Bemis also has a negative record of earnings surprises in the last few quarters. Its estimates have also gone down lately. “
- 10/13/2017 – Bemis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 9/15/2017 – Bemis was upgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corporation from an “underperform” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $51.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $46.00.
- 9/14/2017 – Bemis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a $47.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $49.00.
- 9/1/2017 – Bemis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $48.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/31/2017 – Bemis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc..
Bemis Company, Inc. (NYSE:BMS) traded down 0.09% during midday trading on Monday, hitting $44.94. The stock had a trading volume of 836,172 shares. Bemis Company, Inc. has a 12-month low of $40.60 and a 12-month high of $51.98. The stock has a market cap of $4.08 billion, a P/E ratio of 20.27 and a beta of 0.90. The company’s 50-day moving average price is $46.57 and its 200 day moving average price is $45.29.
Bemis (NYSE:BMS) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, October 26th. The industrial products company reported $0.70 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.65 by $0.05. The company had revenue of $1.04 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.02 billion. Bemis had a return on equity of 17.83% and a net margin of 4.84%. The business’s quarterly revenue was up .8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm earned $0.75 earnings per share. On average, equities research analysts predict that Bemis Company, Inc. will post $2.37 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Bemis Company, Inc is a manufacturer of packaging products. The Company operates through two segments: U.S. Packaging and Global Packaging. The U.S. Packaging segment represents all food, consumer, and industrial products packaging-related manufacturing operations located in the United States. The Global Packaging segment includes all packaging-related manufacturing operations located outside of the United States, as well as global medical device and pharmaceutical packaging-related manufacturing operations.
What are top analysts saying about Bemis Company Inc? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for Bemis Company Inc and related companies.