DST Systems (NYSE: DST) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 10/24/2017 – DST Systems was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $67.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Worldwide provider of information processing software and systems, DST Systems has outperformed the industry over the past one month. Also, the estimates have moved north off late. We believe that DST Systems’ business volume and massive scale of operation in Financial Services will attract new customers. Moreover, we expect steady contributions from acquisitions (BFDS and IFDS) to support revenue growth. Continued share buybacks and dividend payments are the other encouraging factors. The company also has a strong business model. It generates recurring revenues and a good percentage of its business comes from long-term contracts with its customers. The model ensures a minimum revenue level even when there are limited transactions. However, persistent decline in registered accounts, a high debt burden, ongoing consolidation in the U.S. financial services market and stiff competition from peers might put its fundamentals under pressure.”
- 10/23/2017 – DST Systems had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $57.00 to $61.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 10/23/2017 – DST Systems was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “DST Systems reported stellar third-quarter results. Further, revenues grew year over year, primarily due to BFDS and IFDS acquisitions. We believe that DST Systems’ business volume and massive scale of operation in Financial Services will attract new customers. Moreover, we expect steady contributions from acquisitions to support revenue growth. Continued share buybacks and dividend payments are the other encouraging factors. However, persistent decline in registered accounts, ongoing consolidation in the U.S. financial services market and stiff competition from International Business Machines Corporation and Fiserv Inc. might put its fundamentals under pressure. Moreover, a high debt burden remains a major concern. Notably, DST Systems has underperformed the industry in the last one year.”
- 10/22/2017 – DST Systems had its price target raised by analysts at Robert W. Baird from $68.00 to $72.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 10/12/2017 – DST Systems had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $68.00 price target on the stock.
DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE:DST) traded up 0.74% during mid-day trading on Monday, reaching $58.36. 440,357 shares of the company’s stock traded hands. The company has a 50-day moving average of $54.92 and a 200-day moving average of $57.53. The company has a market capitalization of $3.53 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 5.88 and a beta of 1.31. DST Systems, Inc. has a 52-week low of $47.26 and a 52-week high of $122.11.
DST Systems (NYSE:DST) last released its quarterly earnings results on Friday, October 20th. The technology company reported $0.76 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.73 by $0.03. The company had revenue of $562.60 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $523.57 million. DST Systems had a return on equity of 16.20% and a net margin of 21.26%. DST Systems’s quarterly revenue was up 45.5% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $0.77 EPS. Equities research analysts expect that DST Systems, Inc. will post $3.09 EPS for the current year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, December 8th. Investors of record on Wednesday, November 22nd will be issued a $0.18 dividend. This represents a $0.72 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.23%. DST Systems’s payout ratio is 10.63%.
DST Systems, Inc (DST) is a provider of technology-based information processing and servicing solutions. The Company offers its solutions through data management, business processing and customer communications solutions to clients within the asset management, brokerage, retirement and healthcare markets.
What are top analysts saying about DST Systems Inc? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for DST Systems Inc and related companies.