Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE: BTU):
- 10/25/2017 – Peabody Energy Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at FBR & Co. They now have a $37.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $36.00.
- 10/25/2017 – Peabody Energy Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $34.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Peabody Energy Corporation is a coal company. It provides voice in advocating for sustainable mining, energy access and clean coal technologies. The company serves metallurgical and thermal coal customers primarily in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming, Illinois, Indiana and Australia. Peabody Energy Corporation is based in St Louis, United States. “
- 10/18/2017 – Peabody Energy Corporation had its price target raised by analysts at FBR & Co from $35.00 to $36.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They wrote, “Peabody is expected to kick off earnings season for the U.S. coal sector on Wednesday, October 25. Our 3Q17 EBITDA estimate of $392M and EPS estimate of $1.56 both come in above consensus of EBITDA $366M and EPS $1.22, respectively. With this note we tweaked our estimates for recently released MSHA data, pointing to strong production in the PRB and ILB, but a miss in its Western mines. Overall, we expect a strong quarter from Peabody, driven by strengthening seaborne prices (especially on the thermal coal side) and the aforementioned robust domestic production. Needless to say, results should also improve from Q2 as weather-related disruptions receded. In the quarter, Peabody voluntarily repaid $300M in debt and modified its term loan to provide further capital allocation flexibility. We will be on the lookout for updates on restricted cash, Chapter 11 expenses, and restructuring expenses, all of which could push the cash position in various directions.””
- 10/11/2017 – Peabody Energy Corporation was given a new $35.00 price target on by analysts at FBR & Co. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/12/2017 – Peabody Energy Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at MKM Partners.
- 9/11/2017 – Peabody Energy Corporation was given a new $35.00 price target on by analysts at FBR & Co. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/10/2017 – Peabody Energy Corporation had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $32.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/7/2017 – Peabody Energy Corporation is now covered by analysts at Macquarie. They set a “neutral” rating and a $30.00 price target on the stock.
Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU) opened at 30.59 on Tuesday. The firm has a 50-day moving average of $29.61 and a 200 day moving average of $26.94. The firm’s market cap is $3.07 billion. Peabody Energy Corporation has a 52-week low of $22.58 and a 52-week high of $32.50.
Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, October 25th. The coal producer reported $1.49 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.35 by $0.14. The business had revenue of $1.48 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.50 billion. The company’s quarterly revenue was up 22.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the firm earned ($7.53) earnings per share. On average, equities research analysts forecast that Peabody Energy Corporation will post $6.28 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Peabody Energy Corporation news, major shareholder Discovery Capital Management, sold 12,800,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, August 23rd. The shares were sold at an average price of $27.10, for a total value of $346,880,000.00. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink.
Peabody Energy Corporation is a coal company. The Company’s segments include Powder River Basin Mining, Midwestern U.S. Mining, Western U.S. Mining, Australian Metallurgical Mining, Australian Thermal Mining, Trading and Brokerage, and Corporate and Other. Its Powder River Basin Mining operations consist of its mines in Wyoming.
What are top analysts saying about Peabody Energy Corporation? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for Peabody Energy Corporation and related companies.