A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for KLA-Tencor Corporation (NASDAQ: KLAC):
- 10/30/2017 – KLA-Tencor Corporation had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $106.00 to $110.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 10/27/2017 – KLA-Tencor Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a $129.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $120.00.
- 10/27/2017 – KLA-Tencor Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co. They now have a $136.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/25/2017 – KLA-Tencor Corporation had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $106.00 to $114.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/19/2017 – KLA-Tencor Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They now have a $120.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/16/2017 – KLA-Tencor Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $121.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “KLA is one of the leading suppliers of inspection and metrology products and services. The fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of the company were above the Zacks Consensus Estimate. However, year to date, the stock has underperformed the Zacks characterized Semiconductor Equipment – Wafer Fabrication industry. KLA’s comprehensive product line, cost reduction initiatives and strong balance sheet remain positives that will generate growth whenever cyclical pressures permit. Though the competition and concentrated customer base increases execution risk, the increasing process control spending across foundry, memory and logic players through 2017 and beyond will enable KLA to deliver stronger results.”
- 10/15/2017 – KLA-Tencor Corporation had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 9/13/2017 – KLA-Tencor Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $97.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $108.00.
KLA-Tencor Corporation (NASDAQ:KLAC) opened at 108.89 on Wednesday. The stock has a market cap of $17.08 billion, a P/E ratio of 18.52 and a beta of 1.68. The firm’s 50-day moving average price is $103.89 and its 200-day moving average price is $99.09. KLA-Tencor Corporation has a 12 month low of $73.51 and a 12 month high of $109.78.
KLA-Tencor Corporation (NASDAQ:KLAC) last released its earnings results on Thursday, October 26th. The semiconductor company reported $1.80 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.63 by $0.17. KLA-Tencor Corporation had a return on equity of 84.61% and a net margin of 27.82%. The company had revenue of $970.00 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $946.86 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm posted $1.16 EPS. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 29.2% on a year-over-year basis. On average, analysts predict that KLA-Tencor Corporation will post $7.12 earnings per share for the current year.
In other KLA-Tencor Corporation news, CFO Bren D. Higgins sold 9,567 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, August 7th. The stock was sold at an average price of $89.15, for a total transaction of $852,898.05. Following the transaction, the chief financial officer now owns 5,175 shares in the company, valued at approximately $461,351.25. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, insider Bobby R. Bell sold 4,236 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, October 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $105.51, for a total value of $446,940.36. Following the transaction, the insider now owns 8,908 shares in the company, valued at approximately $939,883.08. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold a total of 83,672 shares of company stock worth $7,648,832 in the last quarter. 0.20% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
KLA-Tencor Corporation (KLA-Tencor) is a supplier of process control and yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related nanoelectronics industries. The Company’s products are also used in a number of other high technology industries, including the light emitting diode (LED) and data storage industries, as well as general materials research.
What are top analysts saying about KLA-Tencor Corporation? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for KLA-Tencor Corporation and related companies.