Media headlines about Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW) have trended somewhat positive on Monday, according to Accern Sentiment. Accern rates the sentiment of news coverage by monitoring more than twenty million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Dow Chemical earned a news impact score of 0.14 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media headlines about the basic materials company an impact score of 46.1538598626736 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the news stories that may have effected Accern Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- Dow Wins Ten Prestigious 2017 R&D 100 Awards from R&D Magazine (markets.financialcontent.com)
- Dioxin-contamination cleanup plans for 2018 to be discussed in open meeting – Midland Daily News (ourmidland.com)
- Santa, parade usher in 2017 holiday season – Midland Daily News (ourmidland.com)
- Global Methyl Red Market 2017- The DOW Chemical Company, China Ruitai International Holdings Co.Ltd., Shin-Etsu … – Observer of Press (fashionobserver24.com)
- Wharton Business Group LLC Has $526000 Position in Dow Chemical Co (DOW) – Newburgh Gazette (newburghgazette.com)
DOW has been the subject of a number of analyst reports. BidaskClub upgraded shares of Dow Chemical from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating in a report on Thursday, August 17th. Alembic Global Advisors set a $85.00 price objective on shares of Dow Chemical and gave the company a “buy” rating in a report on Thursday, July 27th. Cowen and Company reiterated a “hold” rating and set a $60.00 price objective on shares of Dow Chemical in a report on Monday, August 28th. Royal Bank Of Canada reiterated a “buy” rating and set a $78.00 price objective on shares of Dow Chemical in a report on Wednesday, September 6th. Finally, Jefferies Group LLC reiterated a “buy” rating on shares of Dow Chemical in a report on Tuesday, August 29th. One equities research analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating, four have given a hold rating, seven have given a buy rating and one has given a strong buy rating to the company’s stock. The stock has a consensus rating of “Buy” and an average price target of $72.02.
Dow Chemical Company Profile
What are top analysts saying about Dow Chemical Co? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for Dow Chemical Co and related companies.