Media coverage about BHP Billiton (NYSE:BBL) has been trending somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment reports. The research group ranks the sentiment of news coverage by monitoring more than twenty million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. BHP Billiton earned a coverage optimism score of 0.18 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news stories about the mining company an impact score of 46.4010769232401 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the next several days.
Here are some of the news stories that may have effected Accern’s rankings:
- Jefferies Group Comments on BHP Billiton PLC’s FY2018 Earnings (BBL) (americanbankingnews.com)
- BHP Billiton (BBL) versus Its Rivals Critical Review (americanbankingnews.com)
- BHP Billiton (BBL) a Buy on Superior Earnings Visibility – Investorplace.com (investorplace.com)
- Comparing BHP Billiton (BBL) & Its Rivals (americanbankingnews.com)
- BHP Billiton PLC (BBL) Sees Significant Drop in Short Interest (americanbankingnews.com)
BHP Billiton (NYSE:BBL) traded down $0.11 on Wednesday, hitting $35.91. 1,192,998 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 1,631,927. BHP Billiton has a 12-month low of $28.73 and a 12-month high of $39.12. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.47, a quick ratio of 1.53 and a current ratio of 1.85.
About BHP Billiton
BHP Billiton Plc is a global resources company. The Company is a producer of various commodities, including iron ore, metallurgical coal, copper and uranium. Its segments include Petroleum, Copper, Iron Ore and Coal. The Petroleum segment is engaged in the exploration, development and production of oil and gas.
What are top analysts saying about BHP Billiton PLC? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for BHP Billiton PLC and related companies.