News headlines about Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (NYSE:HOT) have trended somewhat positive recently, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern ranks the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide earned a media sentiment score of 0.15 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news articles about the company an impact score of 45.1634176753793 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the near future.
These are some of the news articles that may have impacted Accern’s scoring:
- In the season of giving, Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest give members new points earning … – CNBCAfrica.com (cnbcafrica.com)
- What’s ahead for hotel guests in 2018? – Washington Post (washingtonpost.com)
- Market Pulse: Detroit, MI – Hospitality Net (hospitalitynet.org)
- In The Season Of Giving, Marriott Rewards And Starwood Preferred Guest Give Members New Points Earning Opportunities With Two Promotions (menafn.com)
- Noble to cut dozens of local jobs – StamfordAdvocate – The Advocate (stamfordadvocate.com)
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (NYSE:HOT) traded down $0.20 during trading hours on Thursday, hitting $77.05. 18,604,000 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 3,088,917. The company has a quick ratio of 1.18, a current ratio of 1.19 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 13.45. Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide has a one year low of $56.87 and a one year high of $84.37.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, LLC, formerly Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, is a hotel and leisure company. The Company’s hotel business is focused on the global operation of hotels and resorts primarily in the luxury and upper upscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company manages and operates its hotel business in three hotel segments: the Americas; Europe, Africa and the Middle East (EAME), and Asia Pacific.
Receive News & Ratings for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.