News articles about Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW) have trended somewhat positive this week, Accern reports. The research firm identifies negative and positive press coverage by analyzing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Dow Chemical earned a news sentiment score of 0.11 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news coverage about the basic materials company an impact score of 46.2837872698698 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the next few days.
These are some of the news articles that may have impacted Accern Sentiment’s rankings:
- Dow heads first quantitative study to reduce plastic waste in Japan – Markets Insider (markets.businessinsider.com)
- Global Synthetic Ink Resins Market 2017 – BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Lawter BV, Indulor Chemie Gmbh – Silver Pinyon Journal (silverpinyon.com)
- Global Styrene Butadiene Latex Market 2017 – BASF, The Dow Chemical Company, Zeon, Styron Europe GmbH – The Tri-County Press (thetricountypress.com)
- Global Bitumen Emulsifiers Market 2017 – Evonik, The Dow Chemical Company, AkzoNobel NV, Kao Corporation – The Tri-County Press (thetricountypress.com)
- Dow to expand propionic acid production in Texas (feednavigator.com)
Shares of Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW) traded up $1.75 during midday trading on Friday, reaching $66.65. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 43,802,000 shares, compared to its average volume of 5,740,120. The company has a current ratio of 1.93, a quick ratio of 1.32 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.68. Dow Chemical has a 52-week low of $51.57 and a 52-week high of $67.50.
About Dow Chemical
What are top analysts saying about Dow Chemical? - Enter your email address in the form below to receive our free daily email newsletter that contains the latest headlines and analysts' recommendations for for Dow Chemical and related companies.