Media headlines about TECO Energy (NYSE:TE) have trended somewhat positive this week, according to Accern. The research firm identifies negative and positive media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. TECO Energy earned a daily sentiment score of 0.12 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media headlines about the utilities provider an impact score of 45.37754490522 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the next few days.
These are some of the media headlines that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- NRG Energy (NRG) & TECO Energy (TE) Critical Review (americanbankingnews.com)
- Hillsborough County Ind. Dev. Auth. FL — Moody’s changes the rating outlook of Emera Inc. and Emera US Finance LP to negative; affirms TECO Energy and Tampa Electric Company’s ratings with a stable outlook (finance.yahoo.com)
- Comparing TECO Energy (TE) & Kenon (KEN) (americanbankingnews.com)
- TECO Energy (TE) & The Competition Financial Analysis (americanbankingnews.com)
- Financial Analysis: TECO Energy (TE) and The Competition (americanbankingnews.com)
Shares of TECO Energy (NYSE TE) remained flat at $$27.64 during trading on Friday. The stock has a market capitalization of $6,510.00 and a price-to-earnings ratio of 26.08.
TECO Energy Company Profile
TECO Energy, Inc (TECO Energy) is a holding company for regulated utilities and other businesses. TECO Energy holds all of the common stock of Tampa Electric Company (TEC) and through its subsidiary, New Mexico Gas Intermediate, Inc (NMGI), owns New Mexico Gas Company, Inc (NMGC). The Company’s segments include Tampa Electric, Peoples Gas System (PGS) and NMGC.
Receive News & Ratings for TECO Energy Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for TECO Energy and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.