Media coverage about Ocean Power Technologies (NASDAQ:OPTT) has been trending somewhat positive this week, Accern reports. The research group scores the sentiment of news coverage by monitoring more than 20 million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Ocean Power Technologies earned a coverage optimism score of 0.13 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave headlines about the energy company an impact score of 45.9746804585682 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the next few days.
Here are some of the news headlines that may have impacted Accern’s rankings:
- Stock Trending Alert – Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. (OPTT) – Nasdaq Fortune (press release) (nasdaqfortune.com)
- Ocean Power Technologies, Inc., (NASDAQ: OPTT) – Hot Stock’s Highlights – Stock Watch (stocksnewstimes.com)
- Important Factors to Analyse A Good Investment – Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: OPTT) – Alpha Beta Stock (alphabetastock.com)
- Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPTT) – Today’s Hot Stock Under Review – Nasdaq Journal (press release) (nasdaqjournal.com)
- Should You Have Ocean Power Technologies Inc’s (NASDAQ:OPTT) In Your Portfolio? (finance.yahoo.com)
Ocean Power Technologies (NASDAQ:OPTT) traded down $0.02 during midday trading on Tuesday, reaching $1.08. 553,800 shares of the company’s stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 376,500. Ocean Power Technologies has a fifty-two week low of $1.02 and a fifty-two week high of $3.67. The stock has a market cap of $20.09, a PE ratio of -0.92 and a beta of 4.44.
COPYRIGHT VIOLATION WARNING: This article was posted by Community Financial News and is owned by of Community Financial News. If you are viewing this article on another website, it was illegally stolen and republished in violation of United States and international copyright & trademark law. The correct version of this article can be read at https://www.com-unik.info/2018/01/09/ocean-power-technologies-optt-receives-daily-media-sentiment-rating-of-0-13.html.
Ocean Power Technologies Company Profile
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc is developing and seeking to commercialize its systems that generate electricity by connecting the renewable energy of ocean waves. The Company’s PowerBuoy systems use technologies that convert the mechanical energy created by the rising and falling of ocean waves into electricity.
Receive News & Ratings for Ocean Power Technologies Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ocean Power Technologies and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.