BitConnect (CURRENCY:BCC) traded 11.8% lower against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 10:00 AM ET on February 8th. One BitConnect coin can now be bought for approximately $2.39 or 0.00028268 BTC on popular exchanges including HitBTC, Trade Satoshi, BCC Exchange and CoinExchange. Over the last week, BitConnect has traded down 75.9% against the US dollar. BitConnect has a total market capitalization of $21.99 million and approximately $332,798.00 worth of BitConnect was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $146.51 or 0.01735460 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded down 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0528 or 0.00000625 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0047 or 0.00000056 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00003550 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.54 or 0.00006343 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.38 or 0.00028244 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded up 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.90 or 0.00046206 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded up 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00002149 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00003995 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00002034 BTC.
BitConnect Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitfinex introduced trading on Chain Split Tokens (CST). The first such product of its kind, CSTs will allow Bitfinex customers to speculate on future fork events of the Bitcoin blockchain, specifically, the potential fork between Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited. They have designated these CSTs as BCC (Bitcoin Core) and BCU (Bitcoin Unlimited). CSTs will trade as BTC and USD pairs, initially without margin and they will reevaluate that decision if there is sufficient liquidity. Users will be able to create CSTs by “splitting” a bitcoin through the Token Manager (located in the Order Type drop down menu of the sidebar order ticket). Once split, the BTC will be removed from their account for each BCC and BCU added. Through the same Token Manager, users will be able to reverse this process at anytime, trading in equal numbers of BCC and BCU to extract BTC. If no fork occurs by December 31, 2017, then BCU will expire worthless and BTC will be given in exchange for each BCC holder. If, however, there is a fork, specifically Bitcoin Unlimited, then, as soon as they list Bitcoin Unlimited, they will exchange BCU tokens for Bitcoin Unlimited tokens as well as retiring BCC tokens in favor of Bitcoin Core tokens. More detailed information can be found in the Chains Split Token Terms and Conditions. They are planning a few additional enhancements including a realtime display of total CSTs as well as segregated cold storage for the bitcoins that have been split, which we will periodically settle to and from their hot wallet. “
Buying and Selling BitConnect
BitConnect can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Trade Satoshi, HitBTC, CoinExchange, BCC Exchange and Livecoin. It is not presently possible to buy BitConnect directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade BitConnect must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy BitConnect using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for BitConnect Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BitConnect and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.