Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 8:00 AM E.T. on February 8th. In the last week, Komodo has traded 22.3% lower against the dollar. One Komodo coin can currently be purchased for about $4.08 or 0.00048203 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Bittrex, BarterDEX, Cryptopia and Cryptox. Komodo has a total market cap of $420.74 million and approximately $2.77 million worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 10% against the dollar and now trades at $105.10 or 0.01240250 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $407.73 or 0.04811720 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded up 11.8% against the dollar and now trades at $104.23 or 0.01230080 BTC.
- ZenCash (ZEN) traded up 15.1% against the dollar and now trades at $42.46 or 0.00497286 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded up 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $3.01 or 0.00035202 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.49 or 0.00017618 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Komodo Coin Trading
Komodo can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, BarterDEX, Upbit, Binance, Cryptopia, Cryptox, CoinExchange and HitBTC. It is not currently possible to purchase Komodo directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Komodo must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Komodo using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.