Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 3.6% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 7:00 AM Eastern on February 8th. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for about $147.78 or 0.01757380 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Braziliex, Poloniex, Tidex and BigONE. In the last seven days, Litecoin has traded down 2.7% against the U.S. dollar. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $8.15 billion and $1.04 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 6.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0527 or 0.00000627 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 2.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0047 or 0.00000056 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00003606 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.54 or 0.00006381 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.33 or 0.00027857 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $3.74 or 0.00044693 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00002246 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00004040 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00002074 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded down 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2.78 or 0.00033269 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, xBTCe, Kucoin, Altcoin Trader, Braziliex, BX Thailand, Huobi, Koinim, Tidex, Bitfinex, Coinut, YoBit, Cryptox, Bitcoin Indonesia, BigONE, Coinsquare, Dgtmarket, BTC-Alpha, C-CEX, Bitbank, Coinbene, SouthXchange, Exrates, BitBay, ZB.COM, CoinExchange, NIX-E, Coinroom, Bits Blockchain, Waves Decentralized Exchange, CoinEgg, BTC Markets, Bittrex, WEX, CoinFalcon, COSS, Bithumb, GDAX, Coinrail, HitBTC, Binance, CoolCoin, BtcTrade.im, Koineks, LiteBit.eu, Bit-Z, Livecoin, Coinhouse, LocalTrade, Qryptos, Bleutrade, Koinex, Negocie Coins, RippleFox, AEX, Cryptomate, EXX, OKEx, TOPBTC, Mr. Exchange, Bit2C, ChaoEX, TDAX, Coinone, BitFlip, The Rock Trading, BCEX, OKCoin.cn, Mercatox, Trade Satoshi, Exmo, Gate.io, Bisq, Bitsane, BitKonan, Mercado Bitcoin, BitMarket, CoinEx, Stocks.Exchange, BTC Trade UA, Gatecoin, DSX, Bitso, GOPAX, CryptoBridge, Bittylicious, RightBTC, CoinsBank, BITHOLIC, Bitstamp, Bitmaszyna, Bitinka, Bitlish, Liqui, OpenLedger DEX, VirtacoinWorld, Kraken, Tripe Dice Exchange, BitGrail, OkCoin Intl., QuadrigaCX, Poloniex, Coingi, Abucoins, Cryptopia, FreiExchange, Tux Exchange, Allcoin and Bibox. Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Changelly or GDAX.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.