Augur (CURRENCY:REP) traded down 0.4% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 9:00 AM ET on February 9th. One Augur token can now be bought for $52.93 or 0.00639158 BTC on popular exchanges including Livecoin, Qryptos, Bittrex and ChaoEX. Augur has a total market cap of $582.24 million and $4.99 million worth of Augur was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Augur has traded down 1.2% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded 12.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.87 or 0.00010538 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $113.17 or 0.01366600 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00004540 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.83 or 0.00022097 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0406 or 0.00000491 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.03 or 0.00012386 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $4.33 or 0.00052263 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $33.34 or 0.00402566 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $8.59 or 0.00103678 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002658 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Prediction markets are widely considered the best forecasting tool. Augur is an open, global platform where anyone anywhere can create, monitor or trade in prediction markets about any topic. Think of it as an “Early Warning System'' with the most accurate event forecasts, a potential “Google Search”, “Bloomberg Terminal” or “Reuters Terminal” for crowdsourced event forecasts. The system plans to use the “Wisdom of Crowds'' (“collective intelligence'') via market incentives, “Long Tail'' dynamics and blockchain technology to securely generate a more accurate, robust and unfiltered array of dynamic event forecasts than any alternative can match. Augur is decentralized, self-regulating, pseudonymous and autonomous. It offers the promise of markets without exposure to counterparty risk, principal-agent problems or central points of control, failure or censorship. No person is ever in direct control of someone else’s funds or in a position to single-handedly threaten the system’s integrity. The software is comprised of smart contracts perpetually deployed on a blockchain network, which enables applications deployed to be immune to local outages while benefiting from the entire community's security. All interactions with markets are communicated as database transactions between unique accounts powered by immutable software instructions. “
Buying and Selling Augur
Augur can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: ChaoEX, RippleFox, Gatecoin, Livecoin, IDEX, Poloniex, HitBTC, Radar Relay, Mercatox, Cryptopia, Upbit, Abucoins, Exrates, Bittrex, Mr. Exchange, Cobinhood, Gate.io, BX Thailand, Gatehub, Kraken, Qryptos, LiteBit.eu, BigONE and Liqui. It is not possible to purchase Augur directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Augur must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Augur using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Augur Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Augur and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.