Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded up 6% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 8:00 AM E.T. on February 9th. One Ripple coin can now be bought for approximately $0.83 or 0.00010056 BTC on exchanges including Bitfinex, Qryptos, Ripple China and Tripe Dice Exchange. During the last week, Ripple has traded 3.8% higher against the U.S. dollar. Ripple has a market capitalization of $32.25 billion and $896.87 million worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- NEO (NEO) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $113.01 or 0.01374560 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004479 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.82 or 0.00022106 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 5.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0394 or 0.00000479 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.02 or 0.00012412 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 2.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.28 or 0.00052113 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $34.15 or 0.00415382 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 1.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.56 or 0.00104092 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002644 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1,030.98 or 0.12539600 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Ripple Coin Trading
Ripple can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Abucoins, Coinrail, AEX, BCEX, Bitsane, Tripe Dice Exchange, Qryptos, Mr. Exchange, Bitinka, BitFlip, Koinex, Bithumb, Bitfinex, Binance, Kraken, Bittrex, HitBTC, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Upbit, Cryptomate, Coinone, Bitso, Huobi, CEX.IO, LiteBit.eu, Poloniex, RippleFox, Exrates, Coinbene, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Bits Blockchain, BX Thailand, ZB.COM, Gate.io, The Rock Trading, CoinEgg, Rippex, BTC Markets, Bitbank, Gatehub, Ripple China, Altcoin Trader, Bitstamp, Exmo, Bitcoin Indonesia and Korbit. It is not possible to buy Ripple directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ripple must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ripple and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.