Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of BankUnited (NYSE: BKU) in the last few weeks:
- 2/7/2018 – BankUnited was downgraded by analysts at Hovde Group from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating. They now have a $44.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $45.00.
- 1/25/2018 – BankUnited was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/24/2018 – BankUnited had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $46.00 to $49.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 1/24/2018 – BankUnited had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $41.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/12/2018 – BankUnited was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $48.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Shares of BankUnited have underperformed the industry in the past 12 months. Yet, the company has an impressive earnings surprise history, having surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate in all of the trailing four quarters. Consistent growth in loans and deposits, and higher interest rates are expected to drive revenues. Moreover, the company is well positioned to grow through acquisitions, given its strong balance sheet position. Further, through consistent dividend payments, the company should continue to enhance shareholder value. However, persistently increasing expenses and continued margin pressure (despite increase in interest rates) remain major near-term concerns.”
- 1/9/2018 – BankUnited had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $42.00.
- 1/9/2018 – BankUnited is now covered by analysts at JMP Securities. They set an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 1/2/2018 – BankUnited had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $43.00 to $46.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 12/14/2017 – BankUnited had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $42.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/13/2017 – BankUnited had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $46.00 price target on the stock.
BankUnited (NYSE BKU) opened at $39.37 on Friday. BankUnited has a 52 week low of $30.37 and a 52 week high of $43.84. The stock has a market cap of $4,291.02, a P/E ratio of 7.06, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.43 and a beta of 1.01. The company has a quick ratio of 0.96, a current ratio of 0.96 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.86.
BankUnited (NYSE:BKU) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, January 23rd. The financial services provider reported $0.86 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.62 by $0.24. BankUnited had a net margin of 45.09% and a return on equity of 11.30%. The firm had revenue of $285.37 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $270.33 million. During the same period last year, the firm earned $0.59 earnings per share. equities research analysts predict that BankUnited will post 3.16 EPS for the current year.
In other BankUnited news, insider Mark Bagnoli sold 1,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, November 21st. The shares were sold at an average price of $35.88, for a total value of $35,880.00. Following the transaction, the insider now directly owns 19,699 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $706,800.12. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available through this hyperlink. Also, Director Douglas J. Pauls sold 40,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, January 25th. The shares were sold at an average price of $42.12, for a total transaction of $1,684,800.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now directly owns 31,380 shares in the company, valued at $1,321,725.60. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 5.10% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
BankUnited, Inc is the bank holding company of BankUnited (the Bank). The bank is a national banking association. As of December 31, 2016, the Bank provided a range of banking services to individual and corporate customers through 94 banking centers located in 15 Florida counties and six banking centers in the New York metropolitan area.
Receive News & Ratings for BankUnited Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for BankUnited and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.