Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 10.5% higher against the dollar during the one day period ending at 18:00 PM E.T. on February 17th. During the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 34.9% higher against the dollar. Namecoin has a market capitalization of $48.87 million and $292,146.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Namecoin coin can currently be purchased for about $3.32 or 0.00029958 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Cryptopia, Altcoin Trader, BX Thailand and YoBit.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 9.1% against the dollar and now trades at $11,124.40 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1,555.31 or 0.13980300 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.66 or 0.00041885 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $35.62 or 0.00320196 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 5.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 9.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.56 or 0.00032165 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 5.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $160.75 or 0.01452130 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 8.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.51 or 0.00004640 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded up 10.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00003270 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 11.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00002303 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Namecoin s a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary ellement in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Tux Exchange, Altcoin Trader, WEX, Bleutrade, Bittylicious, Livecoin, Poloniex, Cryptopia, SouthXchange, YoBit and BX Thailand. It is not possible to purchase Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.