Ethereum (CURRENCY:ETH) traded down 1.2% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 13:00 PM Eastern on February 20th. Over the last seven days, Ethereum has traded 10.6% higher against the dollar. Ethereum has a market capitalization of $91.50 billion and approximately $2.35 billion worth of Ethereum was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Ethereum coin can now be bought for approximately $936.18 or 0.08062230 BTC on popular exchanges including Upbit, xBTCe, ACX and Independent Reserve.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $11,800.70 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,513.80 or 0.13036600 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 8.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $244.50 or 0.02105580 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $320.30 or 0.02758400 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 3.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $40.80 or 0.00351388 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $137.48 or 0.01183950 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $456.91 or 0.03934860 BTC.
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0062 or 0.00000053 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded down 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0749 or 0.00000645 BTC.
Ethereum Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference. In the Ethereum protocol and blockchain there is a price for each operation. The general idea is, in order to have things transferred or executed by the network, you have to consume or burn Gas. The cryptocurrency is called Ether and is used to pay for computation time and for transaction fees.If you want to earn block rewards from the network, you can join the network as a miner. Follow the link for a guide on how to mine Ethereum on a Windows Pc. The much easier but a bit more expensive way is to buy an Ethereum mining contract. Ethereum is how the Internet was supposed to work. As long as you have enough funds to pay for your code to be run by the network, your contacts will always be up and running.It was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed and maintained by ETHDEV with contributions from great minds across the globe. There is also an Ethereum foundation and there are multiple startups working with the Ethereum blockchain.Ethereum is currently on the “Homestead” stage and all its related software is still considered Beta until the release of the next stage “Metropolis”. If you are looking for a GUI interface for your wallet, try the Ethereum Wallet DApp. It's still in beta so be careful when you use it.Our block explorer data bellow is freely provided by etherchain.org and etherscan.io. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum
Ethereum can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Gate.io, Bitso, Allcoin, Bit-Z, Kucoin, Gemini, Coinone, Cobinhood, Coinnest, Koinex, Gatehub, DSX, Bittrex, Lbank, CoinEgg, Upbit, OKEx, Bithumb, EtherDelta, Independent Reserve, CoinExchange, Cryptopia, Binance, ACX, GOPAX, Koineks, BTC Markets, CoinFalcon, Quoine, Bitbank, Coinut, Bibox, Livecoin, Bitstamp, RightBTC, Liqui, BitBay, Huobi, TOPBTC, EXX, ZB.COM, QuadrigaCX, Tidex, Poloniex, BtcTrade.im, Coinrail, Mercatox, Mr. Exchange, COSS, Bitfinex, BitGrail, WEX, Coinsquare, BigONE, bitFlyer, Bitcoin Indonesia, GDAX, CoolCoin, Qryptos, Gatecoin, BTCTurk, YoBit, BX Thailand, Bitinka, Kraken, Exmo, HitBTC, xBTCe, ChaoEX, Korbit, Coinbene, Tidebit, Bancor Network and CEX.IO. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum using U.S. dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.