Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 4.6% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on February 20th. In the last week, Litecoin has traded up 27.4% against the U.S. dollar. Litecoin has a total market cap of $12.38 billion and approximately $1.80 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for approximately $223.74 or 0.02057840 BTC on major exchanges including LiteBit.eu, Bitsane, The Rock Trading and CoinExchange.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Verge (XVG) traded down 15.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0677 or 0.00000622 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0071 or 0.00000065 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded down 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.69 or 0.00006345 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00003290 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 16.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.27 or 0.00011676 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 9.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.72 or 0.00025019 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $4.71 or 0.00044048 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded down 10.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00003379 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00001647 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded 15.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.84 or 0.00026322 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Coingi, Kucoin, BitMarket, Bitfinex, Coinbene, DSX, Bibox, Liqui, GOPAX, BigONE, BitGrail, Kraken, Bit2C, Livecoin, OpenLedger DEX, Bitcoin Indonesia, TOPBTC, NIX-E, TDAX, Bitmaszyna, BitBay, BitKonan, Tripe Dice Exchange, RightBTC, ZB.COM, Allcoin, YoBit, BTC Trade UA, CoinsBank, LiteBit.eu, COSS, Altcoin Trader, LocalTrade, Koineks, Coinrail, Bitso, Gate.io, Bits Blockchain, BCEX, Bleutrade, HitBTC, C-CEX, OKCoin.cn, Qryptos, CoolCoin, OkCoin Intl., Bitinka, Tux Exchange, Binance, EXX, Dgtmarket, Coinroom, Bitlish, Mercatox, CoinExchange, Bittrex, Gatecoin, Coinone, Bitbank, CryptoBridge, CoinFalcon, xBTCe, Bithumb, Cryptopia, Mercado Bitcoin, OKEx, Coinut, Braziliex, Bisq, BX Thailand, Bit-Z, ChaoEX, Coinsquare, BTC Markets, Koinex, FreiExchange, RippleFox, Negocie Coins, Trade Satoshi, BTC-Alpha, Bitsane, GDAX, WEX, Koinim, CoinEx, Bitstamp, Cryptomate, Abucoins, BtcTrade.im, Stocks.Exchange, BITHOLIC, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Coinhouse, The Rock Trading, CoinEgg, Exmo, Bittylicious, Upbit, BitFlip, Cryptox, AEX, Poloniex, Mr. Exchange, VirtacoinWorld, QuadrigaCX, Huobi, Tidex, Exrates and SouthXchange. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Gemini, GDAX or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.