Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded 14.8% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 15:00 PM Eastern on March 17th. One Komodo coin can now be purchased for $2.57 or 0.00033047 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including HitBTC, Bittrex, Cryptopia and Cryptox. Komodo has a market capitalization of $267.11 million and $872,566.00 worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Komodo has traded 24.5% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 8.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $60.34 or 0.00776637 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 8.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $220.97 or 0.02843840 BTC.
- ZenCash (ZEN) traded 11% lower against the dollar and now trades at $18.72 or 0.00239427 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded down 18.4% against the dollar and now trades at $5.87 or 0.00075114 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.37 or 0.00017496 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded down 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.93 or 0.00011859 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 19.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $32.05 or 0.00409797 BTC.
Komodo Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Komodo Coin Trading
Komodo can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Binance, Upbit, BarterDEX, HitBTC, Bittrex, Cryptox, Cryptopia and CoinExchange. It is not possible to purchase Komodo directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Komodo must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Komodo using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.