Bytecent (CURRENCY:BYC) traded down 7.4% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 0:00 AM ET on May 17th. Bytecent has a market capitalization of $1.05 million and approximately $1,540.00 worth of Bytecent was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Bytecent coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.49 or 0.00006166 BTC on major exchanges. Over the last week, Bytecent has traded 18.2% lower against the dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Electroneum (ETN) traded 7.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0222 or 0.00000277 BTC.
- Ripio Credit Network (RCN) traded 9.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001334 BTC.
- Elastic (XEL) traded down 4.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.27 or 0.00003434 BTC.
- Banyan Network (BBN) traded 11.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0966 or 0.00001207 BTC.
- Bismuth (BIS) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.23 or 0.00015342 BTC.
- Golos (GOLOS) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0677 or 0.00000846 BTC.
- Vezt (VZT) traded 9.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0886 or 0.00001107 BTC.
- Woodcoin (LOG) traded 10.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00001655 BTC.
- OctoCoin (888) traded up 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0034 or 0.00000042 BTC.
- Bolenum (BLN) traded 22.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0072 or 0.00000090 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Proof of Bytecent is an innovative earning system that employs captcha technology to limit network abuses while keeping the earning process tangible. POB requires workers to enter a human readable captcha code every sixty minutes to maintain the earning process without interruption. POB time can be extended without entering the captcha code by storing x amount of coins in the local wallet. For example, If 25 Bytecent are required to extend POB time for one hour, a worker will need a total of 575 Bytecent stored in his/her local wallet to extend POB time for a total of 24 hours. Bytecent utilized for POB can be used anytime and are not locked from being spent like with Proof of Stake coins. The number of coins required to extend POB time is based on numerous factors including current price, total volume, and demand. 1.POB renders botnets ineffective, while dramatically reducing the effectiveness of mining farms. 2.POB generates demand for Bytecent while keeping the available Bytecent in circulation low. 3.Workers are rewarded by storing more Bytecent in their local wallets. 4.Sell pressure from workers and merchant dumping is significantly reduced. 5.Fewer Bytecent are stored on exchanges and other centralized platforms. “
Buying and Selling Bytecent
Bytecent can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Bytecent directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Bytecent should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Bytecent using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Bytecent Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bytecent and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.