Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Cimarex Energy (NYSE: XEC) in the last few weeks:
- 11/29/2018 – Cimarex Energy is now covered by analysts at Cowen Inc. They set a “market perform” rating and a $95.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/20/2018 – Cimarex Energy had its “in-line” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Imperial Capital.
- 11/20/2018 – Cimarex Energy was given a new $117.00 price target on by analysts at Jefferies Financial Group Inc. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/20/2018 – Cimarex Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $124.00 to $127.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/19/2018 – Cimarex Energy was given a new $129.00 price target on by analysts at Williams Capital. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/7/2018 – Cimarex Energy was given a new $129.00 price target on by analysts at Williams Capital. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/23/2018 – Cimarex Energy was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 10/17/2018 – Cimarex Energy was upgraded by analysts at Wolfe Research from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
- 10/12/2018 – Cimarex Energy was given a new $124.00 price target on by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/9/2018 – Cimarex Energy was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
Shares of XEC opened at $85.41 on Tuesday. Cimarex Energy Co has a 52 week low of $77.63 and a 52 week high of $130.16. The company has a market cap of $7.84 billion, a P/E ratio of 18.37 and a beta of 1.10. The company has a current ratio of 1.69, a quick ratio of 1.62 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.49.
Cimarex Energy (NYSE:XEC) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, November 6th. The oil and gas producer reported $1.99 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.52 by $0.47. Cimarex Energy had a net margin of 28.70% and a return on equity of 23.33%. The firm had revenue of $591.50 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $561.67 million. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted $1.09 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue was up 27.6% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities research analysts predict that Cimarex Energy Co will post 7.14 EPS for the current year.
Cimarex Energy Co operates as an independent oil and gas exploration and production company primarily in Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico. As of December 31, 2017, it had a total proved oil and gas reserves of 3.35 trillion cubic feet equivalent (Tcfe) consisting of 1.61 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, 0.82 Tcfe of oil, and 0.92 Tcfe of natural gas liquids primarily located in the Mid-Continent and Permian Basin regions.
Read More: Dollar Cost Averaging
Receive News & Ratings for Cimarex Energy Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Cimarex Energy Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.