Hologic (NASDAQ: HOLX) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 1/9/2019 – Hologic was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Hologic has outperformed its industry in the past three months. The company's strong international performance and improvement in Surgical and Cynosure businesses are encouraging. Backed by a portfolio of differentiated products, the company’s Breast Health business has been going strong. The company's recent launches like TempSure Surgical RF technology in North America and the U.S. launch of Omni hysteroscope buoys optimism. We are upbeat about the company making the Open Access functionality available for its Panther Fusion system. Also, the receipt of CE Mark for its Panther FusionBordetella assay buoys optimism. However, tough year-ago comparison along with sluggish Diagnostics sales in the reported quarter hampered Hologic’s overall performance. Also, the blood screening divestiture is likely to impede growth.”
- 1/7/2019 – Hologic had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $41.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/4/2019 – Hologic was downgraded by analysts at Cowen Inc from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating. They now have a $38.28 price target on the stock.
- 1/2/2019 – Hologic was downgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “equal weight” rating to an “underweight” rating. They now have a $39.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $44.00.
- 11/30/2018 – Hologic had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada from $40.00 to $46.00. They now have a “sector perform” rating on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 11/21/2018 – Hologic was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
HOLX stock opened at $42.89 on Monday. The company has a market capitalization of $12.17 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 19.23, a PEG ratio of 1.94 and a beta of 0.73. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.12, a current ratio of 1.23 and a quick ratio of 0.95. Hologic, Inc. has a one year low of $35.10 and a one year high of $45.17.
Hologic (NASDAQ:HOLX) last released its earnings results on Wednesday, November 7th. The medical equipment provider reported $0.58 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.59 by ($0.01). The firm had revenue of $813.50 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $808.63 million. Hologic had a positive return on equity of 23.52% and a negative net margin of 3.46%. The firm’s revenue was up 1.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted $0.50 earnings per share. As a group, sell-side analysts expect that Hologic, Inc. will post 2.4 EPS for the current year.
Institutional investors and hedge funds have recently made changes to their positions in the business. Cerebellum GP LLC acquired a new position in shares of Hologic during the 4th quarter valued at $43,000. Bessemer Group Inc. lifted its holdings in shares of Hologic by 122.4% during the 3rd quarter. Bessemer Group Inc. now owns 3,534 shares of the medical equipment provider’s stock valued at $145,000 after acquiring an additional 1,945 shares in the last quarter. Amussen Hunsaker Associates LLC acquired a new position in shares of Hologic during the 2nd quarter valued at $159,000. Stratos Wealth Partners LTD. acquired a new position in shares of Hologic during the 3rd quarter valued at $185,000. Finally, Lincoln Capital Corp acquired a new position in shares of Hologic during the 3rd quarter valued at $201,000. Institutional investors own 91.77% of the company’s stock.
Hologic, Inc, a medical technology company, develops, manufactures, and supplies diagnostics products, medical imaging systems, and surgical products for women in the United States, Europe, the Asia-Pacific, and internationally. It operates in five segments: Diagnostics, Breast Health, Medical Aesthetics, GYN Surgical, and Skeletal Health.
Featured Story: Understanding Analyst Ratings
Receive News & Ratings for Hologic Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Hologic Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.