Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 5% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 9:00 AM E.T. on November 9th. In the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 4.7% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Namecoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.45 or 0.00005068 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Altcoin Trader, Poloniex, C-Patex and Cryptopia. Namecoin has a total market capitalization of $6.63 million and approximately $4,568.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $8,861.38 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $282.45 or 0.03182085 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00001616 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $59.80 or 0.00674049 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 9.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.58 or 0.00017849 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded 6.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0177 or 0.00000200 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0488 or 0.00000551 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 4.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0455 or 0.00000513 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded 7.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0201 or 0.00000227 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, Tux Exchange, Bitsane, Cryptopia, Livecoin, WEX, Trade By Trade, C-Patex, SouthXchange, BX Thailand, YoBit, Altcoin Trader, Bittylicious and Bleutrade. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.