Polkadot (CURRENCY:DOT) traded 8.5% higher against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 23:00 PM Eastern on July 21st. During the last seven days, Polkadot has traded down 12.7% against the U.S. dollar. One Polkadot coin can currently be bought for approximately $12.01 or 0.00037596 BTC on exchanges. Polkadot has a total market capitalization of $11.74 billion and $1.24 billion worth of Polkadot was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00003131 BTC.
- XRP (XRP) traded up 6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.56 or 0.00001765 BTC.
- Internet Computer (ICP) traded 13% higher against the dollar and now trades at $32.67 or 0.00102254 BTC.
- Filecoin (FIL) traded up 10.2% against the dollar and now trades at $45.27 or 0.00141668 BTC.
- KnoxFS (old) (KFX) traded up 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $19.25 or 0.00049793 BTC.
- SHIBA INU (SHIB) traded 8.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin BEP2 (BTCB) traded up 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $31,959.62 or 1.00022007 BTC.
- Klaytn (KLAY) traded up 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.93 or 0.00002904 BTC.
- Fei Protocol (FEI) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00003130 BTC.
- Counos X (CCXX) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $102.01 or 0.00319264 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Polkadot development is on track to deliver a robust platform for security, scalability, and innovation. Currently, Polkadot is in the NPoS phase of launch. Polkadot enables cross-blockchain transfers of any type of data or asset, not just tokens. Connecting to Polkadot gives users the ability to interoperate with a wide variety of blockchains in the Polkadot network. The DOT token serves three distinct purposes: governance over the network, staking, and bonding. “This page refers to the new DOT which is 100x smaller than the old DOT (the DOT token underwent a redenomination from its original sale on 21 August 2020 at 16:40 UTC, block number 1,248,328)” “
Buying and Selling Polkadot
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Polkadot directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Polkadot should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Polkadot using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Polkadot Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Polkadot and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.