Monero (XMR) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar during the one day period ending at 12:00 PM E.T. on August 6th. Over the last seven days, Monero has traded up 0.3% against the dollar. Monero has a total market cap of $2.96 billion and $82.19 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Monero coin can now be purchased for about $162.99 or 0.00701888 BTC on exchanges.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Coalculus (COAL) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0031 or 0.00000013 BTC.
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Monero Classic (XMC) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.44 or 0.00001894 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 16.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00000577 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0188 or 0.00000081 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 1.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0431 or 0.00000186 BTC.
- Digital Insurance Token (DIT) traded up 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0012 or 0.00000005 BTC.
- BitTube (TUBE) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0007 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- ZUM TOKEN (ZUM) traded 64.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
Monero (CRYPTO:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It launched on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 18,157,480 coins. The official website for Monero is ww.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org.
Buying and Selling Monero
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.